2017 Richardson Real Heroes
Eligibility Requirements and Selection Process
The Richardson Real Heroes program focuses on honoring individuals who provide unselfish service to the community. We are looking for true unsung heroes, people who quietly and unselfishly serve. Look around you and start noticing the friendly people who are always giving of themselves. These are the good Samaritans we are seeking.
Anyone can make a nomination. The information you submit is used to evaluate the nominee’s service. Sometimes, it is all the selection committee knows about the nominee and their service.
- A nominee should have received minimal prior formal recognition for his or her service outside the organization they support.
- He or she has provided service in an exemplary way to the benefit of Richardson, its residents, or schools.
- Although this is a Richardson program, nominees do not have to be Richardson residents.
- Real Heroes are volunteers, so they must not have received compensation for the award-qualifying activity.
- Nominees should be 16 years old or older; however, parental consent required for a nominated minor.
The people you nominate would never ask for the recognition
but they deserve it all the more.
The committee, aided by prior Real Hero recipients, will rank the nominees based on an assessment of the information in the nominations received according to the following:
- Projects, initiatives, innovations, … advanced
- Accomplishments and lasting impact on community / individuals
- Evaluation of prior recognition
- Time & tenure invested as volunteer
- Number of volunteer activities
- Volunteer service must have benefited Richardson, its residents, or schools
- Volunteer service must be unpaid
- Volunteer may not be a current elected official
Nominees will be evaluated in two categories:
- Adult: Post High School
- Youth: High School
As a result of the selection process, a list of three to five Richardson Real Heroes will be posted on the Real Heroes website in early March. Those who know or work with these Real Heroes know them best and will be asked to share anecdotes or testimonials to help us better tell the stories of these special people at the Richardson Real Heroes recognition ceremony on April 6, 2017. Join us in April 2017 at the awards ceremony to celebrate the people who give of themselves and ask for nothing in return.
If you have questions or concerns please contact:
Barbara Berthold (Chair) @ firstname.lastname@example.org or (972) 207-4319