Richardson Real Hero Nomination / Selection Criteria
The Richardson Real Heroes program focuses on honoring individuals who provide unselfish service to the community. We are looking for true unsung heroes, people who quietly and unselfishly serve. Look around you and start noticing the friendly people who are always giving of themselves. These are the good Samaritans we are seeking.
Anyone can make a nomination. The information you submit is used to evaluate the nominee’s service. Sometimes, it is all the selection committee knows about the nominee and their service.
- A nominee should have received minimal prior formal recognition for his or her service outside the organization they support.
- He or she has provided service in an exemplary way to the benefit of Richardson, its residents, or schools.
- Although this is a Richardson program, nominees do not have to be Richardson residents.
- Real Heroes are volunteers, so they must not have received compensation for the award-qualifying activity.
- Nominees should be 16 years old or older; however, parental
consent required for a nominated minor.